Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dark Side of the Road


Written by: Michael Cho
Performed at: U-Michigan EECS Bash, Feb 05

Lyrics:

I’m standing here all alone
Standing on the dark side of the road
Streetlights twinkling before my foggy eyes
In a somewhat disillusion of hope
The past now seems so dead to me
The present now seems too bold
Well I ain’t looking forward to tomorrow
I’ve figured it out long time ago

As I gaze at the diamond sky
In the reminder of that fateful night
Yet the stars now shine a different glow
The shining just ain’t so bright
Well I ain’t putting any blame on anyone
I’ve come to learn that life’s full of these funny turns
Sweet memories fading into aches of scorn
And leaving you alone to burn

So what’s the fuss about all the givin’ and takin’
The way I see it, it’s a matter of disdain
It’ll show you the light but shatter your hope in the end
I open up my heart, end up bleeding endlessly

Sorrow’s the name given to me
From the cradle to the grave
Nothing in this world really amazes me
All the killin’ and fightin’ end in vain
Well friend don’t get me misunderstood here
I’m not saying you treated me unkind
And what kind of difference would it make
You and I are on the same boat anyway

We’re born with eyes that betray our own senses
Born with ears that can’t really hear
Bloody hands glorified in victories
Empty hearts cryin’ out in guilt and sins

So I’ll just go on with my lonesome stroll
Don’t worry about me, it’s not that cold
Against the wind I’ve got my feather coat
But it’s really the pain in here that chills my soul
Well I’ve more or less said what I wanted to
Done almost everything I ought to do
So would you even notice if I ever disappear
But then again, I’m on the dark side of the road
But then again, I’m on the dark side of the road

No comments: